Sunday, January 4, 2009

LID Anniversary

Today is the 3 year anniversary of our Log In Date (this is the date that China received our adoption application .) We waited until 4/4/08 to finallly get our referral. The adoption process has remained slow for the people who were logged in after us. (To give you some perspective, parents with log in dates in February 2006 are just now getting their referrals.)

14 Months Old
Zoe turns 14 months old on the 7th. I looked at her this week and realized that she doesn't look like a baby anymore...she's a toddler. When did that happen??
The first photo below is Zoe at 6 months and the second photo I took last week.


Updates & Milestones

  • Zoe walks 100% of the time now. (The dog finds this milestone particularly menacing.) I took her for her first pair of walking shoes last week and she proudly raced up and down the aisles of the store. When she's not wearing them, she carries them around the house.
  • She has added quite a few new words to her vocabulary (baby, ball, duck, quack, moo) although some only a parent can decipher. She uses some sign language as well.
  • Her eating habits are quite curious. Some days she'll eat anything I give her. Other days she survives on blueberries, cheerios and cheese.
  • She LOVES music and has some of the most hysterical dance moves I've ever seen. (Remember Elaine from Seinfeld??)
Pirate Princess
We took Zoe to the Cape Cod Children's Museum this weekend and she had a blast. She spent most of the time running up and down the ramp to the giant pirate ship-- wearing a pink tutu from the dress up bin.

1 comment:

Perraults x 6 said...

We love the CC Children's Museum- it's so fun there!