When I sit down to blog, I usually write about the things that Zoe enjoys. So it got me thinking about the stuff that she dislikes-- the stuff that makes her unruly. It turned out to be a pretty interesting list, so I decided to post it. Some of the items are perfectly reasonable, others are completely quirky.
Here are a few of her least favorite things:
The lawn mower. Every time Daddy mows the lawn, Zoe gets quite upset. I know it's not the noise-- because I swear she'd ride on the vacuum cleaner if I'd let her. And she loves the sound of big loud Harleys driving by the house. So it's something about Daddy riding around on the lawn tractor that doesn't sit well with her.
Strings hanging off her clothes. We've all had them. Those stray strings that stick out from the seam or sleeve of your shirt. Well, when Zoe finds one, it has to be removed. Immediately.
Pookies on the floor. Zoe stops in her tracks when she sees little fuzzles on the floor and she has to pick them up. I think this is coupled with her affinity for putting things in the trash can.
Hair brushing. Well, first you have to catch her. When she even senses it's hair brushing time she takes off in a sprint and hides her head underneath something. Good times.
Boo-boos. This may seem perfectly rational, but we're not talking about new boo-boos. Or even her boo-boos. She finds all of the little scrapes and cuts I have from working in the yard and we have to talk about each one. At length. Then, if I have a boo-boo on my arm, she finds an imaginary boo-boo on her arm, which I have to kiss. (Thankfully she's not into band-aids. Yet.)
Face washing. After every meal, I have to come up with a stealthy way of wiping this child's face. The minute she sees a cloth coming her way-- the dramatic flailing begins.
The car seat. On short trips, she's great. No problem. Anything longer than an hour.....just shoot me.
However, with a face like this...you can get away with just about anything :-)
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Her (Least) Favorite Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I absolutely love this picture! What a great shot!
Post a Comment