So Miss Z and I spent the morning at the local Social Security office and the experience left me to wonder: what is it about government buildings that attracts the crazy people?? There was quite a cast of characters in the waiting area, including the fellow wearing headphones who sang each song in his play list at the top of his lungs.
Then there's the elderly woman who sat down beside us and launched into this uncomfortable conversation:
Crazy Lady: "Was it hard to learn how to cook for her?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Crazy Lady: "She only eats Chinese food, right?"
Me: "Well, she's only 9 months old, so she mainly eats baby food and formula."
Crazy Lady: "I bet she'd like those Cheerios a lot better if you put some soy sauce on them."
Me [internal monologue]: "Whatever you say, lunatic."
Thankfully they called the woman's number next so we didn't have to finish that conversation. [*For those of you who asked, this was indeed a real conversation. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?]
Portrait
In other news, I took Zoe for a 9-month portrait a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a nice picture of her in the Red Couch outfit-- one where she wasn't sobbing. I also figured it was my last opportunity to get naked baby pictures before she got too old. So after we photographed her in the purple tutu, I stripped her down and she proceeded to tinkle all over the studio floor.
Here are my favorite photos from the session:
Then there's the elderly woman who sat down beside us and launched into this uncomfortable conversation:
Crazy Lady: "Was it hard to learn how to cook for her?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Crazy Lady: "She only eats Chinese food, right?"
Me: "Well, she's only 9 months old, so she mainly eats baby food and formula."
Crazy Lady: "I bet she'd like those Cheerios a lot better if you put some soy sauce on them."
Me [internal monologue]: "Whatever you say, lunatic."
Thankfully they called the woman's number next so we didn't have to finish that conversation. [*For those of you who asked, this was indeed a real conversation. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?]
Portrait
In other news, I took Zoe for a 9-month portrait a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a nice picture of her in the Red Couch outfit-- one where she wasn't sobbing. I also figured it was my last opportunity to get naked baby pictures before she got too old. So after we photographed her in the purple tutu, I stripped her down and she proceeded to tinkle all over the studio floor.
Here are my favorite photos from the session:
The Red Couch outfit-- minus the tears.


I love when she scrunches up her face like this- a classic Zoe expression.


1 comment:
Adorable photos. But tell the truth - you made up the "crazy lady" story, right?? No one could possibly be that stupid. Could they??
Post a Comment